Leadership EDGE for Women
In partnership with CLSI, The Leadership Edge is offering Leadership EDGE for Women.
Our curriculum develops each emerging leader by empowering women in your organization to get the EDGE, enabling them to excel within their companies, develop their authentic leadership style, gain support, skills, and tools, and elevate their success. Themes include networking for success, developing an executive presence, leveraging emotional intelligence, and vision as a leadership tool.
Program Location: CLSA Event Center, California Life Science Association, 701 Gateway, South San Francisco, CA 94080
Program Time: Mondays, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Session Themes and Dates:
1. Executive Presence for Women in Life Sciences, Mar. 2
- Executive presence is the unique combination of what you bring to the table, what to do at the moment, and how you need to show up. Explore the various traits and behaviors that enhance a leader’s presence in the life sciences industry, understand how character, substance, and style affect a leader’s presence, and gain clarity on personal presence in three key areas: physical, communication and emotional presence.
2. Communication and Influence for Impact, April 6
- Effective communication is key to persuasion, motivation, and information sharing. Learn how to successfully influence others, reduce conflict, and improve the performance of others by recognizing and respecting communication preferences; explore gender-specific communication strengths and opportunities; uncover obstacles that may prevent successful communication from occurring, and develop a roadmap for improved communication and greater influence.
3. Leveraging Your Emotional Intelligence, May 4
- When it comes to professional and personal success, emotional intelligence is as important as one’s intellectual ability. Develop an understanding of what emotional intelligence is and how it impacts business and leadership effectiveness, discover personal strengths, opportunities, and roadblocks to demonstrating higher emotional intelligence, and learn how to manage conflict as a means of building stronger relationships.
2020 dates coming soon for these session themes:
Investment: $795 per session for CLSA members, $995 per session for non-members. Discounts and benefits available for multiple sessions.